When you read this article, you may be confused about how to choose an unattended remote access method for your VPS. What is unattended remote access? That means you can remotely access and take control of a remote computer or device (VPS) at any time. To achieve this purpose, you can use Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) or TeamViewer.
However, what is the difference between this Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) or TeamViewer? Which one is more beneficial? In this article, we will show more information about them.
What is RDP?
What is TeamViewer?
What is the difference between TeamViewer and RDP?
There are many same features on TeamViewer and Microsoft RDP. But as we can see, different features are mainly about file sharing and chat.
|Access On Mobile||Yes||Yes|
|“Real-Time” Chat Options||No||Yes|
|Remote Printing Functions||Yes||Yes|
Remote Desktop Connection:
Advantages and Disadvantages
Remote Desktop Connection
- Does Not Need Fast Internet to Run
- Simple Device Control and Monitoring
- Can Access File And Folder Easily
- Fast Troubleshooting
- Need Advanced Configuration
- Expensive if Need Multi-User Environments
- Connection Performance depends on the Host’s Power
- There is Limit for Users Attempting To Connect Simultaneously
- Can only access Windows Server Remotely
- Support more OS, including Windows, Linux, Mac, Chrome, Android, iOS, and IoT
- Install and Update Easily
- Team File-Sharing from Multiple Locations
- Support Chat, Video, and Voice Call
- Have Free Version for Non-Commercial Use
- Router Configuration is Not Required
- Allow Up To 25 Participants for a Session
- Good Customer Support Team
- Easily Share Application Windows, Full Desktops, and Screens
- Drag and Drop File Share Capabilities
- Have Notification When Your Device Is Accessed Remotely
- Expensive for Commercial-Use
- Does Not Support Large File Sharing
- Requires TeamViewer Installation On Both Participating Machines (Versions Must Match)
- Doesn’t Work Via Proxy Servers
- High Speed And Consistent Network Connection Required